VSware 2018/19 training schedule
All training events cost €200 ex VAT (€246 inc. VAT) per attendee per day. Your school will be invoiced directly. Cancellations should be made 48 hours in advance to avoid charges.
From October to December of this year, we will be holding the first batch of training events which are tailored towards administration staff.
This includes our 2 day VSware Certification Course which is split between standard and advanced training. The 2 day course covers all administration aspects of VSware, however it is possible to attend just one of the days, depending on the specific content that you would like to cover.
We are also running a course dedicated to attendance management which deep dives into all aspects of managing attendance in VSware.
Timetable training events will be announced later this year. Click into the different courses below to find out more.
VSware Certification Course
Throughout this year we are running a 2-day Admin course covering all administration aspects of VSware. This course is similar to last year’s 2-day Certification Course with revised content so you may want to reconsider booking if you have attended the Certification Course recently.
VSware Certification (Standard)
- Entering / Changing Household details
- Sending, topping up SMS
- How to add filtering feature to class /year
- Taking attendance
- Entering bulk attendance for a student (e.g. ill, suspended etc.)
- Creating groups for attendance (e.g. Match, Drama panel etc.)
- Creating users accounts and resetting passwords
- Adding privileges to teachers – what a year head /tutor should have access to compared to a standard teacher
- GDPR Update – Uploading your School policy,
- Creating Exams, adding additional fields
- Entering exam results and entering/editing comments(Teacher, Tutor, Year head)
- Printing student data, printing exam results
- Creating additional fields (e.g. Attitude, Effort etc.)
Special Education Need & Medical
- How to enter diagnosed special educational needs to a particular student
- Giving rights to SEN Teacher /officer to be able to add diagnosed condition / notes to a student.
- How to turn ON/OFF this feature for teachers.
- How to print report for all students with SEN diagnosis or a particular diagnosis.
- How to print report for all students with medical details
- Create additional SEN codes/categories
- Syncing and what is being synced
- Where to best enter level for exam year students
- How to create fees and assign to a year/ student/ group
- Online payments – what is required?
VSware Certification (Advanced)
- Creating and printing custom letters/reports from word templates
- Creating and cleaning up attendance codes
- Attendance for Resource and Learning Support Students
- Using Attendance reporting section
- Steps to take to allow for provision of evening study attendance
- Bulk enter state Exam numbers per class (e.g. LC & JC Results)
- Using Assessment reporting section
- How to create a letter template and upload to your system (e.g. Proof of attendance letter, Absentee letter etc.)
- How to use word variables linked to VSware
- How to print a letter for a complete year group (e.g. issue an introduction letter to all 1st years etc.)
- Advanced search overview, creating groups via advanced search etc
- Searching for past students and their enrolment history
- Getting your school ready for next academic year, what will be carried forward and what administrators have to do in August /September
- Entering new students
- Creating and renaming classes
- Setting up your school academic Calendar,- entering holidays, in-house training days etc
- Bulk enter /Search Locker numbers per class, per student
- Creating SMS Groups – e.g. bus drivers, coaches etc
- Creating Custom Groups – e.g. LCVP Students only , Teachers only (less SNA, Admin etc. ) All students less PLC’s etc.
- Printing list of all students with 2nd address, siblings
- September returns submission – what needs to be cleaned up and entered.
- Generating parental access – What is involved
- Parental /student access overview
- How to create a list of parents Usernames and Passwords
- How best to re-issue a forgotten username and password to a parent
- Best practice for using and setting up behaviours feature
- Using behaviour reporting section
Substitution & Supervision
- How best to address /reallocate a teacher’s timetable once constructed and published
- Manually editing teacher timetables – assigning S&S offerings, removing /adding teaching groups
- Adding new teaching groups and rooms – Pastoral Care, Tutorial etc
- Renaming subject names
Class List Management
- Where core subjects are assigned and can be found
- Explain why option blocks are not visible
- Adding students from multiple years to a teaching group. – e.g. Agricultural Science 5th & 6th years assigned to 6th years teachers timetable
- Turning off meetings – YH / Management for attendance / exams.
VSware Attendance Management
We are also running a course dedicated to attendance which deep dives into all aspects of managing attendance in VSware.
Creating and cleaning up attendance codes
Bell times -Explain
Signing students out of school
Assigning rights (roles) to teachers
Best practice to address students out long term
Addressing attendance for internal exams
Movement of students within the school environment:
Eg. Internal suspension / Toilet breaks / Learning Support (removing a student from just a lesson) / Career Guidance visit / Counsellor visit / Late to class